世界海洋理事会（World Ocean Council）2015年可持续的海洋峰会（SUSTAINABLE OCEAN SUMMIT）将于2015年11月9-11日在新加坡举行。会议的主题是“Sustainable Development and Growing the Blue Economy - the Next 50 Years”。现会议网站已开通，正式接收论文摘要。欢迎各单位和个人踊跃参与。会议详情见附件。
WOC 2015 “SUSTAINABLE OCEAN SUMMIT” WEBSITE
AND CALL FOR ABSTRACTS NOW OPEN
SOS 2015 (Singapore, 9-11 November) Program Tackles Global Ocean Industry Sustainable Development Challenges and Opportunities The World Ocean Council is pleased to announce that the SOS 2015 website is now open and presentation abstracts may be submitted at
The SOS 2015 theme “Sustainable Development and Growing the Blue Economy - the Next 50 Years” is addressed in a diverse conference program with the following proposed sessions:
▪ Ocean Sustainability Investment and Innovation Opportunities
▪ SOS Site Spotlight: Singapore and the Blue Economy
▪ Ocean Futures: New Ocean Ventures in the Next 50 Years
▪ Sector Spotlight 1: Marine Mining - Opportunities and Challenges for a New Ocean Industry
▪ Sector Spotlight 2: Offshore Oil and Gas - Improving Interaction on Environmental Challenges Across the Entire Value Chain
▪ Regional Spotlight: SE Asia and Coral Reefs - Responsible Ocean Industry Operations in the ”Coral Triangle”
▪ Ocean Policy and Governance: Creating an Informed and Engaged Ocean Business Community
▪ Marine Spatial Planning/Ocean Zoning: Ensuring that Ocean Planning Engages Ocean Industries
▪ Sound and the Marine Environment: Creating a Global, Multi-Industry Approach
▪ Marine Debris: Reducing the Industry Input of Plastics and Other by Ensuring Adequate Port Reception Facilities
▪ BioFouling and Invasive Species: Understanding and Addressing a Global, Multi-Industry Issue
▪ Smart Ocean-Smart Industries: Industry Data Collection to Improve the Understanding of the Ocean, Weather and Climate
▪ Sea Level Rise/Extreme Events: Port and Coastal Infrastructure Adaptation and Resiliency
▪ Enhancing the Ocean’s Roles as a Carbon Sink: The Business Case
▪ Arctic: Business Leadership and Collaboration for Responsible Artic Development
▪ Fisheries and Extractive Industries: Understanding the Interactions and Resolving the Conflicts
▪ Rig Decommissioning and Vessel Recycling: Exploring the Synergies
The WOC is especially seeking presentations by and for the ocean business community and will give preference to presentations from private sector representatives. Proposed presentations from government agencies, intergovernmental bodies, research or academic institutions, NGOs or others who are working closely with ocean industries will also be considered. The final SOS 2015 program will reflect the level of interest in the proposed session topics. New topics may be added based on expressions of interest from the ocean business community.
SOS 2015 will bring together a wide range of ocean industries, including: shipping, oil and gas, fisheries, aquaculture, tourism, offshore renewable energy, marine mining, ports, dredging, submarine cables, marine science/technology, biotechnology, the maritime legal, financial and insurance communities, and others.
SOS 2015 registration will open in mid-June. The Marina Mandarin hotel has special conference room rates available for a limited time. Conference space is limited so register early to secure a place at this unique, global, multi-industry gathering on sustainable development and the future of responsible ocean business.
SAVE THE DATE!
Sustainable Ocean Summit 2015: 9-11 Nov 2015, Singapore
The next World Ocean Council Sustainable Ocean Summit (SOS) will take place in Singapore the week of 9-11 November 2015. The specific venue will be announced soon. Mark your calendars for this unique global ocean industry event, which is held only every 2 years.
About the World Ocean Council (WOC)
The WOC is the only international, cross-sectoral alliance for private sector leadership and collaboration in “Corporate Ocean Responsibility”. Companies and associations worldwide are distinguishing themselves as leaders in ocean sustainability, stewardship and science by joining the WOC. Members to date include over 70 leadership organizations from a wide range of ocean industries: oil and gas, shipping, seafood, fisheries, aquaculture, mining, renewable energy, ocean technology, maritime law, marine environmental services and other areas. For the current list of WOC Members,click here. The WOC News Release is received by over 34,000 ocean industry stakeholders around the world. The WOC is a registered organization in the US and in the UK/Europe.
Contact: Paul Holthus, CEO Phone: +1 (808) 277-9008
email: email@example.com Web: www.oceancouncil.org
To subscribe to WOC News or to update your contact information, click here.
To share this issue of WOC News with others (on Facebook, Twitter, etc), click here.